“This day is holy to the Lord your God. Do not mourn or weep.(…) Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength”.(Ne 8: 9 – 10)
Although today is Thursday and not Sunday, I can still give it to the Lord and see things I can thank for and feel joy. I can appreciate my nearest and dearest, concentrate on the good in them. I can be thankful and from gratitude there’s only one step to real joy.
„I am thankful:
– when I can tidy up after a meeting because it means that I have friends;
– for the taxes I pay because it means that I have revenues;
– for the clothes that are too tight because it means that I have something to eat;
– for the lawn to mow and the house to paint because it means I have somewhere to live (…).
– for the tiredness and pain in my muscles because it means that I have worked hard;
– for the alarm clock that wakes me up in the morning because it means that I can live another day.” (Lasse Lundberg)*
It can be so helpful to change the way you think.
Have a good day!
*From the book of Liv Larsson “Gratitude and happiness as a lifestyle”, 2011.
Categorised in: Basia